NALCO CPP Fire Controlled Immediately
Bhubaneswar: Fire broke out in the old Generator Transformer of Unit-8 of Captive Power Plant of Nalco, Angul today at around 1.15pm due to internal short circuit problem. The fire was controlled immediately by the fire extinguishing team under the leadership of the Executive Director (Smelter & Power), Nalco and was not allowed to spread to adjoining area and machinery. The power situation was normalized immediately by starting the stand-by unit. There has been no injury to any person and there was no production loss on account of the fire. “There is no cause for panic. As the Generator Transformer was old the damage on account of the fire is marginal,” said Executive Director (Smelter & Power) Nalco.